The new E will be in two versions - 3G and 4G. The Moto E 2nd Gen offers a brilliant 4.5 inch display with 540 x 960 pixels display resolution. As compared to the old 4.3 inch display, it is more commendable and advanced. The 3G version handset runs on the 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 quad core processor while the 4G version has the 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 410 quad core CPU. Both smartphones have advanced inbuilt graphic acceleration with decent PPI. Also the new model has much better 8 GB inbuilt storage against 4 GB of the earlier Moto E model. However, the new model has 1 GB RAM and a 32 GB micro SD card slot as the older one. There is 5MP primary camera on the rear which can record videos at 720p HD and a VGA front facing camera for video chatting.
According to the official words from the Company, the device will be rolled out in 50 countries which consist Europe and Asia along with North America and Latin America. However, the device has just entering in the smartphone market and now available in selected major retailer outlets only.
New Moto E 2015 Vs Old Moto E
- Processor: The new Moto E has an upgraded processor From Dual Core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 to Quad core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 410 64 bit SOC.
- Storage: Internal storage capacity now 8GB instead of the old 4GB. Both the device has the same Expandable storage which is up to 32GB via micro-SD Cards.
- Display: The New Device’s screen size increased to 4.5 inch instead of 4 inch in the original Moto E. However, there is no change in the screen resolution.
- Battery: Here is a huge different between the new one and the old. The new Moto E is powered by a standard 2390 mAh battery. But the old Moto E had only 1980 mAh battery.
- Camera: Both versions equipped with 5MP auto-focus primary camera on the rear. But only the new Moto E has ability to 720p HD video recording. The new Moto E has an addition of a front facing fixed focus VGA camera. There was no secondary shooter on the old Moto E.
- Connectivity: The new Moto E 2015 comes with 4G capability.
The New MOTO E Specification
- Network technology: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Dimension: 129.9 x 66.8 x 12.3 mm
- Weight: 145g
- Display type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Resolution: 540 x 960 pixels
- Internal memory: 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus
- Battery: Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery